I have not made a single cookie in the month of December, which nearly criminal considering how much I:
1) Love cookies
2) Love to bake
3) December is INTERNATIONAL Bake a Shit Ton of Cookies Month
What is wrong with me?!?!?!? I straighten up, fly right, and get back in the kitchen for a serious Cookie Baking Fest. I certainly have a great deal of awesome cookie recipes to pick from. Here’s a few I’ve come across in just the past few days:
– I do so love the ladies over at So Hungry I Could Blog, but they’re really out doing themselves with their “Holiday Dozen” series, featuring twelve holiday cookie recipes. The Mint Chocolate ravioli cookies are my new obsession. I can’t deny the power of the pastry pocket!
– Veganthropology gets a little Pennsylvania Dutch/Lancaster Amish action and shares an awesome recipe for vegan Whoopie Pies. She even adds a little peppermint to give them that ho-ho-holiday touch.
– Okay, I’m a little bit in love with Food for the Thoughtless’s Gingerbread Drag Queen. Uh, or, er… rather, I’m in love with the hilarious mind that came up with this rather novel Christmas swap cookie. (If you haven’t yet, check out Michael’s blog. It’s one of the funniest, most charming food blogs online.)
– Oh, Katie @ Sweettater – You had me at cornmeal. My cornmeal renaissance continues with this delicious-looking share of Martha Stewart’s intriguing cookie recipe for Lemon Cornmeal Cookies.
– Hey, Two Cheap Vegans, if cookies are really a “sometimes” food then why do they taste delicious ALL OF THE TIME? Huh? Answer that! And while you’re mulling over that question, make me some of your Ginger Molasses Cookies. Quick, it’s been like three hours since I had a cookie!