I’m not going to get all political on you. While I enjoy a healthy political debate and love writing that encourages said debate, this is simply not the forum for any stump speeches, any grand political philosophizing, any lecturing and hectoring and whining. I started to believe a while ago that a person’s political revolution starts at home and in their community, and while national and international politics are important, to feel like you are affecting a change, you must start small.
That being said… I am pretty depressed.
Huevos Rancheros So That You Can Look
Forward to Something Post-Election Day
– 2 tbsp veg. oil
– 1 large red pepper
– 1 medium red onion
– 1 pound of extra firm tofu
– 1 can black beans
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tsp cayenne
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp creole seasoning
– 2 tsp turmeric
– 1 tsp onion salt
– Hot sauce to taste – My current love is Pain is Good – Batch #114 Jamaica
– 1 cup instant brown rice
– Stop crying.
– Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Saute onions and red pepper until soft. Add seasonings except for hot sauce. Add tofu. Cook at low heat for 10 minutes.
– Drain black beans and add to pan with rest of ingredients. Add hot sauce, if using. Continue to cook at low heat for 10 more minutes, tossing ingredients frequently.
– Prepare 1 cup of brown rice according to instructions on box.
Plate it – brown rice, then tofu-veggies-bean mixture. Grab a fork, turn off the television, and put on a record.
Christine O’Donnell lost at least. Democrats still hold the Senate.
Things COULD be worse.