My Monday morning posts are almost always written the Sunday night prior, so, as you might expect, I’m a little sad while recapping this recipe. Much as we enjoyed this snack (and boy, did we enjoy this snack), it did not really help us recover from the disappointing Steelers loss to the Packers in Super Bowl XLV. As me and my roommate made our way back from our friend’s apartment on West Liberty Avenue, we noticed an eerie quiet to our surroundings, which can only be the hushing whim of sorrow weighing down heavy upon our Steel City souls.
Enough with the sobbing! The following dish is not vegan, as my usual Meatless Monday contributions are, but seeing as the Super Bowl is a time to gather around a TV screen with friends and rejoice in football and fatty foods, I felt it was no time to be stingy with the dairy. This dish is, however, very very easy to make, crowd-pleasing, and flatulence-inducing. Proceed with caution!
Super Bowl Super Easy Cheesy Chili Nachos
- 1 1/4 cup of shredded Mexican-blend cheese
– 1 can of chili beans
– 1/4 cup salsa verde
– 1/4 cup fresh salsa
– Tortilla chips
– Jalapenos (optional)
- Throw a bunch of tortilla chips on a large platter and sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese over top.
- Over medium heat cook the beans in a sauce pan until just bubbling. Turn heat down and add 1 cup of cheese and the salsa, then stir until melted and mixed.
- Pour bean mixture over chips. Add fresh salsa on top. Add jalapenos if desired.
- Scarf down during the halftime break to watch the “Puppy Bowl” on Animal Planet.